Thursday, June 7, 2012

Dove

This little guy decided to hang out on the deck a few days ago. It was nice to see because they rarely come very close. So I thought I better get my camera to capture this little birdy. I was certain that he would fly away as soon as i got my camera, but he didn't! I was super pleased.

These are definitely one of my favorite birds. I love how they're called Mourning Doves. And I love their call. There's something sad about it. I guess that's why they have the word mourning in them. Also they have muted colors. I love that. If you look long enough, you can see how beautiful those colors really are. They're lovely shades of grey and brown. Really beautiful. 

Their call is very... comforting, for a lack of a better word. It reminds me of camping and fall/early spring. Anything that reminds me of camping sends my stomach in a whirl, that warm fuzzy feeling. Oh how I love it so. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment