Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Man that Became a Bat

So I finally watched Batman. The new ones with Christian Bale (who is from the UK, which I would have never guessed). They were fabulous! The only thing I didn't like was how Rachel was a different actress in The Dark Knight. That really bothered me. But I got over it.

But what I loved most about Batman is the Joker. I think he is my favorite villain. And for some reason I never caught that these characters in the movies don't have super powers. I have no clue why it took me 16 years to figure that out. But I found that to be intriguing.

Anywho, back to the Joker. I never thought of the Joker as a real person. I never really thought he had a relatively normal life. But then it went down hill. What I found interesting was how his father was the one who influenced him in such a way that the Joker decided to be the bad guy. And that his father was the first one to say "Why so serious?" His father also gave him his signature scars.

Another thing that amazed me was that the Joker actually showed up at one point with no make-up (I also never realized it was make-up). It really caught me off guard. He looked normal. That is if you removed the scars and the menacing look...

He also had a wife. And she left him. No he did not kill her, she left. I found that baffling.

But the sad thing is that the actor that played the Joker so well passed away before the film was released. That's sad because he really did an amazing job playing the Joker. He really managed to get into the twisted mind frame of the Joker and still bring real human emotion to the character. But really the Joker only has to emotions, anger and laughter. But still.

So on that note, why so serious?

No comments:

Post a Comment