Wednesday, March 21, 2012

White

So a little while ago I started this car-ride game with my sister. It was a hour long drive so it provided a lot of opportunities to spot semis. Yes, I did say spot semis. So the whole car ride we were looking for all the colors of the rainbow semis. We ended up finding all the colors, and more. We found brown, black, white, grey, and various shades of colors. But the most important one we found was pink. We found pink. When you start looking at all the semis, you're going to notice there's never pink. But we found it. And yesterday, I found it again. It was a great victory.


Now to you this might be strange. "Psh. Who wants to look at semis. How boring." But when you have time to kill in the car, like I do, it gets quite enjoyable. So the next time you want a family game to play in a hour-or-so-long car ride, perhaps that can be one that is played.


Now the game has changed a little on my part. Now I count how many semis I see on the road and I record their colors. I only count the semis that are being occupied by human beings. 


Here are the statistics I've accumulated over the course of 16 days (one car ride per day, not 24 hours straight. I'm not super human, nor can I see in the dark because it's very difficult to see what color semi it is in pitch black.) (Note: this is approximate, I'm neither super human nor blessed with amazing math skills and attention span.):


Pink: 1
Maroon/Burgundy: 14
Red: 156
Dark Coral: 1
Burnt Orange: 5
Orange: 28
Yellow: 31
Neon Yellow: 1
Mint Green: 1
Green: 31
Teal: 6
Blue: 139
Navy: 12
Indigo: 1
Periwinkle: 3
Lilac: 2
Purple: 30
Brown/Tan: 6
Cream/Light Tan: 2
Black: 51
Grey: 9
Pewter: 1
White: 463
Silver: 11
Gold: 8
Two-Colors: 30
Three-Colors: 4
Semi with art painted in the side: 1
Semis with flame designs: 2


So as you can see, white wins by a lot. The most white semis I've seen in a day is 69. So because of how much I see them, I'm beginning to not like white semis. If I ever start a trucking company, I will NOT, under any circumstances, own. white. They will vary in color, but mostly contain bright pink. (Don't worry I won't start a trucking company, though it would be nice to see more pink semis on the road.)


So I hope you guys appreciate that because that took a lot of brain power, which I have very little of. *


*If you read this all the way through, I'm sorry. This must have been incredibly boring to you because no one cares about semis but me. 


Fun Fact: Optimus Prime is a semi in his spare time.








No comments:

Post a Comment