Sunday, September 2, 2012

Fall...

Fall...

I love Fall. Words can't express how much I love it. Even just thinking about it now I can smell the wet leaves and the dirty ground (if I may so as to quote one of my favorite White Stripes songs)...

It reminds me of camping too. Which makes me love it even more. I can just smell the campfire now. And feel the inside of my fuzzy jacket and the hot cocoa mug in my chilled hands. 

At night sitting by the fire we could hear the cackling of our neighbors in the campsite next to us. Occasionally we could hear the bush leaves shift from the hungry raccoon hanging around waiting to see if he could sneak some scrapes. And after a long night of feeling the heat from the fire and hearing the stories we had to share, we'd awake to the sound of chipmunks and the smell of bacon. We'd scurry outside and see the breakfast potatoes cooking on the fire, and the bacon sizzle alongside. 

Then after we ate, we'd just lounge around most of the time. But none of us minded. We'd sometimes venture out and seek the trails that I love. Camera in hand, you could just call me the happiest girl in the world. 

After the trails we'd come back for dinner. Everything cooked on the fire. But that's why it tasted so good. Then we'd start it all over again - the fire, the stories, and waking up to that heavenly aroma of the popping bacon on the hot fire...

Camping will always be a part of me. I don't think I'll ever have a greater vacation, or a greater feeling then the one I feel when we start to drive to the campsites. So thanks for the great memories (and more to come) Mom and Dad. I can never repay you for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment